100-foot tall Dean Bridge spans the
Water of Leith.
The bridge was opened in 1831 after being designed and built by Thomas Telford.
This replaced the earlier route with its steep climbs down to Dean village and
back. It was an important development for the time opening access to the North
of the city, during the development of the New Town.
The bridge consists of four arches spanning 90 feet with the total length being